• Attended University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1971 1975) and graduated with a First Class Honours Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree
• Was awarded the Certificate for the Best Faculty Student and the Certificate for the Best
• Attended Nigerian Law School, Lagos (1975 1976) and was calledto the Nigerian Bar
• Won a Rhodes scholarship to pursue his doctorate degree in Law at the University of
• Won a University of Nigeria, Nsukka Foundation Scholarship (1972-1975)
• Was the Orator of the 1 975 Graduands of the UniversityofNigeria, Nsukka.
• Appointed Lecturer in Law, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (NYSC 1976 - 1977) and taught Company Law, Commercial Law and General Principies of Law
• Was appointed Lecturer II, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos (1981); Lecturer 1 (1983) and SeniorLecturer(1986- 1990)
• Was appointed Professor of Law, Lagos State University of Lagos (1990)
• Was Sub-Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos (1989- 1990
• Was Professor and Head of Department of Business Law (1990- 1996) and Dean, Faculty of Law (1996-1999), Lagos State University
• Was Visíting Fellow (Law of Public Companies) the Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern lreland (1986-1987)
• Was Fellow of the Salzburg Seminar on Transnational Law and Legal institutions, Salzburg, Austria (1992)
• Has practiced law with emphasis on legal drafting and litigation since 1976
• Won elections twice (1999 - 2003) and (2003- .2007) as a; distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
• Was for 10 years (1982 - 1992), the National Treasurer of the Nigerian Association of Law Teachers (NALT)
• Was an Executive Council Member of the Commonwealth Legal Education Association (1993-1995)
• Chairman and Vice Chairman of various committees and ad-hoc communities in the Senate (1999- 2007) Is the Chancellor, Esan Diocese of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion)
• Has been conferred with numerous awards of honour in recognition .of his dedication to duty, diligence and overall contributions to the peace, growth and sustainable development of Edo State, Nigeria and humanity.
• Elected Executive Governor of Edo State on April 14, 2007
• Conferred with Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.), Honoris Cause, AAU, Ekpoma
On May 29, 2007, PDP produced Prof. Oserheimen Osunbor as the governor of Edo state. He served as the Civilian Governor of the state from May 29, 2007 to November 11, 2008 after the court nullified his election. He was elected as governor on April on the PDP platform. On March 2008, the Edo State Governorship Election Tribunal declared that Osubor’s election was invalid, and asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to withdraw his certificate and decleared Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole of the Action Congress (AC) Party the winner. On November 11, 2008, a Federal Appeal Court sitting in Benin City upheld the ruling of the state’s election petitions tribunal, declaring Oshiomhole to be the governor of Edo state. The decision was based on several voting irregularities.
Married to Lady Ussieh and are both blessed with six (6) children.
Comment Box is loading comments...