Author Topic: THE YORUBA HISTORIANS AND THE QUEST TO MAKE THE EDO PEOPLE UNPOPULAR.  (Read 2892 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WHEN I WAS YOUNG, I HAD THIS HUNGER TO BECOME ONE OF NIGERIA`S GREATEST LAWYER.AS I WENT FURTHER TO STUDY HISTORY BOOKS, BECAUSE I WAS TOLD IT IS ONE OF THE SUBJECTS I NEEDED TO STUDY LAW,I FOUND OUT THAT MOST OF THE HISTORY BOOKS THAT WHERE RECOMMENDED BY SCHOOLS THOSE DAYS WERE ONLY WRITTEN BY THE YORUBAS OR IF AT ALL IT WAS WRITTEN BY ANOTHER TRIBE,THEN THE PERSON MUST BE A PRODUCT OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.FOR A VERY LONG TIME THERE HAS BEEN CORRUPTION AND BIAS IN THE MAKING OF THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.HOWEVER, I MUST BLAME THE EDO SONS AND DAUGHTERS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO DISCOVER THIS EVIL THAT HAVE FOR LONG MADE THE EDO PEOPLE LOOK LIKE FOOLS. THE LATE BOB MARLEY SAID IN ONE OF HIS SONGS,THAT IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY, THEN YOU WILL KNOW WERE YOU ARE FROM. THE EDO PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST PEOPLE TO TELL THE WORLD THEIR HISTORY. THE YORUBAS THOUGHT THEY ARE WISE. THE MISTAKE THEY MADE IN TELLING THEIR HISTORIES IS THE SAME THEY MADE IN TRYING TO WRITE OUR HISTORY FOR US.HOW CAN THEY SAY THAT THE EDOS ARE THE DESCENDANT OF YORUBA? THE EDOS HAVE BEEN EXISTING BEFORE ANY OTHER TRIBE IN NIGERIA.THE SO-CALLED SON OF OROMIYAN CAME TO RULE PEOPLE NOT TREES. SO, HOW CAN THEY SAY EDOS ARE YORUBAS JUST BECAUSE OUR FORE FATHERS MADE A VERY BIG MISTAKE TO CHOOSE SOMEBODY FROM THEM TO RULE OVER US.THIS IS PRECISELY THE SAME MISTAKE THEY MADE IN TELLING US THEIR HISTORY.THEY [YORUBAS]HAVE BEEN EXISTING BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF IKHALADERAN a k a ODUDUWA.HOW CAN A TOTAL STRANGER BE YOUR FATHER? WITH SO MANY LIES LIKE THESE I DISCOVERED IN THE HISTORY BOOKS, I WAS FRUSTRATED FROM READING LAW.I FOUND OUT THAT THE FOUNDATION WAS SHAKY.NO WONDER WE DON`T HAVE GOOD LAWYERS BUT LAIRS TODAY IN NIGERIA.SECONDLY, THERE HAVE BEEN A VERY STRONG PROOF BY THE YORUBAS TO USE THE EDO PEOPLE TO MEET THEIR PLANS.THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A LONG TIME, BUT IT SEEMS IT WILL NOT WORK. NOW, THEY WANT TO USE POLITICS.THEY ARE USING OUR SONS WHO CANNOT SEE FAR BEYOND THE PRESENT. WE MUST ALL RISE FROM OUR SLUMBER.EDO MUST REMAIN ONE INDIVISIBLE PEOPLE.THEY SAY WE ARE ODUDUWA, BUT I SPENT TWENTY YEARS IN THEIR LAND LOOKING FOR JOB, THEY REFUSED TO OFFER ME JOB BECAUSE THEY SAY I AM NOT A YORUBA MAN.BUT WHEN THEY WANT THE WORLD TO SEE US AS THEM, THEY CALL US ODUDUWA. THESE ARE TRAITORS AND BETRAYERS. WE MUST NEVER AGAIN SELL OURSELVES TO STRANGERS.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. OUR COMRADE GOVERNOR IS TRYING, BUT HE MUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO SELL US. I HAVE SPENT SO MANY YEARS IN THEIR LAND, I MUST CONFESS THAT , THEY ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO BE WITH.